The purpose of our San Dollar Reward Program is for you to take “ownership” of the investment in orthodontic treatment that your parents have provided for you. As an incentive for you to have routine dental cleanings with your general dentist, and also when you display good oral hygiene and are cooperative throughout treatment, we will reward you with our San Dollars, which you may cash in for spins on our “Sanborn Spinner” prize wheel for gift cards, swag, etc...* during your orthodontic treatment.
Our hope is that this behavioral incentive program will help you to achieve clean, healthy, and spot-free teeth upon completion of your orthodontic treatment. Thank you for your cooperation in helping us provide you with the smile you have always wanted!
To help motivate you and encourage better cooperation while you are in treatment, the following list outlines the ways you can earn tokens at each appointment, which can be exchanged for a variety of prizes listed in our office.
You can earn ONE San Dollar if EACH category below is achieved at your orthodontic appointment (up to four at each appointment):
- Good Oral Hygiene
- Patient must display healthy-looking gums
- Less than three areas of plaque and no food in the braces
- Good Appliance Care
- No loose brackets or appliances
- No bent or broken wires
- Good Cooperation
- Wearing all appliances (rubber bands, etc.) for the required number of hours
- Not Missing Your Previous Appointment
- And being on time for your appointment
Additional Coins For:
- A signed certificate (attached below) from your general dentist at your routine cleaning (two San Dollars). (We recommend three routine dental cleanings a year with your general dentist.)
- Wearing your “Sanborn Orthodontics” T-shirt to your appointment (one San Dollar)
- Community involvement (one San Dollar)
- Outstanding grades: As/Bs or Excellent/Good (one San Dollar)
- Registering for online access in our office (one San Dollar)
Patients must be in active treatment (not retainers) to earn San Dollars and will earn tokens for no more than one appointment each month.
Good luck, and have fun!
— Dr. Sanborn and Ortho Team
* Our gift cards and swag are constantly changing and you can view them in the office. Feel free to take a look during your next appointment!
Download a copy of the certificate to be signed by the dentist or dental hygienist during your routine cleaning: